HI Y’all! Today I want to share with you 5 Hairstyles for EVERY Summer Occasion. Seriously though. One of the things I love about summer is the vibe it brings. It almost seems like a restart, a refresh and a time to just enjoy life. For me, I imagine lounging around at the beach (even though now that is not how it goes, since I have a toddler 😉 ), I imagine carefree life, effortless glow and sandy hair. All the fun things!
Even if you are a mom, and that isn’t what comes to your mind when you think of summer, that is okay, because I want to share a few hairstyles that will work for every summer occasion and help you feel a little bit more like what I described in the previous paragraph. Effortlessly put together, even if you are barely hanging on by a thread!
How to 5 Hairstyles for EVERY Summer Occasion
- Part your hair down the middle, or wherever you feel comfortable. I usually start my part a little bit over and then direct it towards the middle to try and keep the sides fairly even.
- Ponytail one side.
- Starting from the top, section a small section into 3 small strands, creating a left, middle and right strand.
- Take the left strand and place it under the middle strand.
- Moving to the right side now, take the right strand and place it under the “new” middle strand.
- Moving back to the left side, gather a slim one inch section and connect it with the left side, and place it under the middle strand.
- Repeat on the right side.
- Continue doing that until you have run out of hair.
- Repeat on the other side of your head.
- Lastly, tug on the braid moving upwards to create a fuller braid. ( For extra hold and grip, spray a texture spray to prevent hairs from poking out of the braid. )
- Gather your hair into a high ponytail. I would say overcompensate a little bit, because the extra elastics in your hair create more weight, so make the ponytail a little higher than normal.
- Split the hair horizontally, creating a top and bottom section.
- Split the top section in two and gather them behind the bottom section. ( For ease clip up the bottom section to make securing the top section easier)
- Once you have secured the first section, then split that new top section into half and bring them around the bottom section.
- Secure with Elastic.
- Keep repeating until you have run out of hair. I used about 5-7 elastics.
- When finished, tug on the outer sides of each section to make them look fuller.
- Secure a high Ponytail.
- Add an Elastic 1/4 of the way down from your ponytail.
- Repeat until you have your desired amount of “bubbles.
- Pull from the inside of each bubble to create fullness (the bubble).
- Gather your hair into a ponytail shape (You don’t have to secure with an elastic yet)
- Holding the hair in a fist, create a mop around your fist.
- Ponytail that “mop” shape.
- Take the hairs that are outside of the bun, and fold them into the ponytail. (Creating a second layer)
- Tug around the edges for desired look.
- Secure the hair with bobby pins.
- Messy Bun Tutorial on my youtube channel.
- Section a small section in the front
- Section into 3 strands.
- Fold the left strand over the middle strand.
- Fold the Right strand over the “new” middle strand.
- Add a small amount of hair into your left strand and fold over the middle
- Repeat on the right side.
- Continue until you are half way down your head.
- Secure braid with elastic.
- Follow previous steps for messy bun.
Youtube Video Tutorial
I hope you find these 5 hairstyles for every summer occasion to be helpful! I love them and would love to see them on y’all! Tag me on Instagram @mikaelajoysmith !
Love y’all, Mikaela Smith