*This post contains affiliate links, which means I receive a small commission, at no extra cost to you, if you make a purchase using this link.*
We All Want the Best Products
Life as a new mom is tough sometimes, we want all of the best products for our little ones. We want the best products that are going to be safe and effective. Babies, infants and toddlers develop so quickly and you probably want to know what is going to be the most important things to purchase.
When I was pregnant with Kenady, scrolling through Pinterest was a bit overwhelming, because there are so many things! I just wanted someone to be real with me, not just sell me on stuff. I wanted to know, what do I actually need? Give it to me straight. I actually came to find that I didn’t really NEED that much. What I mean is, a newborn has pretty basic needs, they don’t need the fanciest items or every type of pacifier out there. I want to share with you the items that were the best, most effective baby and infant items for me!
The 11 Most Important New Mom Products
Being a new mom can already feel so overwhelming, what do I buy? How much do I need? Am I prepared enough? I’m going to help ease some of your concern and stress. In this section, I am going to share the most important new mom products. The ones that to me were an absolute necessity. If money is tight, this is a great list to go off of to ensure you have the most basic necessities. Don’t worry I will share links for everything to make it easier for you!
- Diapers, diapers, diapers. These are my current faves.
- Carseat. This is a duh one, but I can’t exclude it from the most important list. I have loved mine and it is simple and gender neutral.
- Swaddle blankets. Also known as Muslin Blankets. I use them every single day still. I love the print on these ones!
- Long Sleeved Onesies. I prefer the white or plain ones, because they go with everything. They are perfect for layering if you have a baby in the fall, winter, spring. I used them basically everyday, and they are gender neutral. I love carters brand, because my daughter was long and skinny.
- Burp Clothes. Kenady never spit up much, but I used it for milk spillage, and it was convenient to have just in case. Here are some adorable burp cloths.
- Bassinet. Even if you choose to co-sleep you will still need something for naps. Here is a great option, and it is portable.
- Nursing Pads.
- Pads, these don’t really need a link since I snagged a good majority of mine from the hospital I stayed at. I recommend getting the longest ones target or Walmart sells and most absorbent. The overly thick pads were a bit uncomfortable for me postpartum, since it felt like a lot for me down there since I had stitches.
- Baby Wash. I’m a bit of a snob when it comes to baby wash. I want to make sure my little one isn’t having harmful ingredients being rubbed all over her body. Here is a good option for baby wash.
- Baby Wrap, or Carrier. If I wanted to get things done, but still hold my baby this was a great item to have! I also managed to nurse my daughter hands free using a carrier or wrap. This one is perfect for little babies.
- Lastly, and honestly can’t believe I almost forgot. Diaper Rash Ointment. Sometimes their little bum gets raw, or has a reaction to something you may have eaten
My Top 5 Best Products For New Moms
In preparing for my first child, I kept my big purchases to a minimum. I wanted to make sure I was getting the best bang for my buck. I want to share a few of my top 5 best products that I splurged on or that are just the best and still fair priced.
- Have you heard of Frida Baby? Well if you haven’t, you need to know about it. It is basically a moms lifesaver to snotty noses, and bad gas. It is worth every last cent and penny! Here is a starter pack with all the goods.
- In the previous section I mentioned swaddle blankets. Those are awesome, but the biggest lifesaver product I used were the SwaddleMe’s. They are seriously so easy to use. My little one didn’t sleep well at all without it. We couldn’t travel without them. These ones are so cute, and gender neutral.
- I absolutely LOVE my Fawn Design Diaper bag. It is so cute! Easy to tote around, and holds all of the necessities I need to take care of my babes. I have the blush pink, and they come in a ton of colors. These sell out so fast, so if you can get your hands on them, do it! Click here for the cutest diaper bag.
- Dock a tot’s are awesome! It is an All in One baby lounger. If you want to co-sleep this is a great option to create a barrier between you and baby. It has rounded edges to keep your baby safe. Click here to see the perfect baby lounger.
- This is the carseat, and jogger stroller system I use. I have loved it so much! The stroller glides so nicely. So convenient and easy to use! I will have to upgrade soon to a double stroller, but it has done so well for me! Check here for a great affordable jogger stroller system.
New mom life comes with some financial commitments, so I wanted to share with you the most important ones that I found have been actual needs and were worth every penny for me. Babies and toddlers don’t have to break your bank, you don’t need to have the nicest most expensive items.
I hope you have found this post helpful, and maybe found some items that you will be purchasing for your little one! I would love to hear what your most used and most important baby items were. Comment below what you used and loved or what items you didn’t know about that you want to try!
Love, Mikaela Smith